1. Participant will differentiate between lymphedema and other types of edema by listing three ways they are different.
2. Participant will be able to explain five differences and 5 similarities between the lymphatic and venous system and their relation to chronic edema and lymphedema
3. Participant will classify ten various dermatological issues in lymphedema
4. Participant will list and describe the four complex components of decongestive lymphatic therapy and how each component is important in the treatment of lymphedema.
5. Participant will identify tem quality of life issues which have psychosocial impact on patients with lymphedema.
6. Participant will explain the characteristics, interface pressure, and definitions of four types of compression garments and its role in lymphedema and edema management.
7. Participant will summarize one peer reviewed journal article about each of the four pillars of complex lymphatic therapy; manual lymphatic drainage; compression; decongestive excercises; and self management.
8. Participant will use the garment fitting algorithm tool while completing case studies to demonstrate how they decide on which garment to issue to a patient with various diagnoses and co-morbidities.